5 Best Functional and stylish wall sconce lamps for a man cave with a cord
Functional and stylish wall lights that plug in shopping guide
Why not consider wall lamps with cords to fill the lighting void, and spice up your decor while you are at it.
If you are taking over a place and making it into your man cave, you may want to add light for mood, ambience, and necessity.
Adding light is not always the easiest task. Pot lights and fixtures require electrical work, and are even more difficult and messy if the space is finished.
With a corded wall lamp, you don’t have to worry about breaking open any walls or paying an expensive electrician. Just mount it to the wall and plug it into a household power outlet.
“I want a light switch!”
If you do not want to use the switch on the wall lamp, or it is hard to get to, here are a couple of things you can do to remedy this problem.
- Plug the lamp into a power outlet that is controlled by a switch (if available).
- Use a wireless switch that can be mounted anywhere.
- App-controlled light bulbs or smart lights connect to your wi-fi and can be controlled via a smartphone app. You don’t even have to be home to control the lights.
- Wireless wall lamps have tons of features and work wireless with your wi-fi and smartphone. No power outlet is required since these wireless wall lamps are battery powered.
You don’t have to sacrifice style. As you can see in the list above, these wall lamps are modern and very stylish. Wall lamps are a wonderful, practical solution to your lighting needs, and match with any decor.
“I don’t like seeing the power cords”
If you don’t like the look of the lights cord, you can always buy a cord covering kit to make the cord blend in more. These covers can be painted to match your wall making them very discreet.
Another solution is to run the cord inside the wall.
- Choose where you would like to mount the wall lamp. Drill a hole big enough for the plug to fit through (but will be hidden by the mounted lamp).
- Drill a second hole just above the baseboard directly under the the first hole.
- Now fish the cord into the top hole and out the bottom. Cover the top hole with the mounted lamp.
Your cord is now hidden.